Friday, April 9, 2010

The $10 Dress

I saw a couple of ladies on weardrobe and another blog I follow with this dress and I was envious. I have been limiting my H&M visits to once a month at the most. I can drop a massive load of cash there in the blink of an eye. My resistance is always tested EVERYTIME I go in. So I was particularly happy to walk out with this dress, (the exact one I had coveted!) and belt for 18 buck-a-roos. It's a bit short on my 5' 9'' frame, but I if I don't bend over to pick anything up, I should be ok. (The Large was better in length, but was big everywhere else, which is rare for me. The Medium was just hanging there, beckoning me from behind it on the rack. There were the only 2 left. See, it was meant to be.)
I threw on the boots for a dash of grunge. They look awkward, so I like the juxtaposition, sweet and clumsy. Many of my feet coverings (aka: heels) would look great with this dress. I have a feeling I will be getting a lot of mileage out of this dress this season. :) Truth be told, I have a BCBG champagne satin bandage dress, with a bit of beading, that looks quite similar and is kinda formal, so I decided I had to have a more casual version, especially for the price! The ribbon and mesh combination is just great.

1 comment:

Ashley J said...

You don't know how lucky you are to have a H&M near you, the closest one to me is 3 hours away!! Great picks!

http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com/