Monday, August 9, 2010

From Vacation I Returneth...

Skirt: Zac Posen for Target - the only Zac Posen that I will be likely to own/afford.
Thoughts: I wish there had been more of this line that I liked. Overall, it was underwhelming. The use of color and accents (snap tape?! only in strict moderation please!) were pretty cheap looking in my opinion. The dresses were cute, but again, not too classy with exception of a couple, one of which was a very Posen-like design. I would have liked to see more from Mr. Posen, or maybe I was expecting too much with the construction and fabric cost constraints, but, considering he's such a talented designer I had my fingers crossed. His regular collections are positively to die for!!
 A weeks worth of vacation was delightful, I could have done a couple more :) It was so nice to not have to go to work. Yeesh, I should definitely do it more often. I was lucky enough to spend time with my family and my hubby's. And now that vacation is done, I have an new focus - to deal with my home's decor. It simply needs more. We also have some serious painting on the schedule. Also, I need to save for a new rug and get started on refinishing more furniture. I still haven't finished that faux trellis mural thingy for my in-laws, even though I've been up there just about every weekend except my vacation weekends,('cause they'll only let me work 3 hours at a time - they worry about me working long hours painting.) So basically, I should get my butt in gear.

 My hubby took me out to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants and I thought a little bit of skirt fanciness was in order. I picked up this baby at Target on clearance. I thought the dress with the same fabric was fabulous, but alas, not in my size. The silver lining at the end of my affordable Zac Posen dress search was this skirt. It was a golden sixties beacon at the end of a sale rack. $12 -What a score! It had beautiful pleating so, it was mine!
Dinner was great with awesome company and a cute ensemble. A good  way to end my vacation I do think. :)

No comments: