Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Winter Sun - I couldn't resist

Dress & Belt: H&M
Pearls: Norstrom Rack; Earrings: I made
Boots & Socks: Macy's (Style & Co.) & (Hue)
So here's my first post - One of my favorite dresses. The red gingham is such a happy, classic print, but I think the halter adds a little bit of sexy sass. The full skirt is just plain fantastic. It moves great when I walk and it's also super fun to twirl in. I belt it often because it makes the skirt gather and the waist cinch for a pretty silohuette. A fabulous spring/summer dress, but I couldn't help but pull it out of the back of my closet on a beautifully sunny day, after a week of heavy rain. It was cool out(for the Los Angeles Valley at 3pm),but with my thick hat with faux fur and ear flaps, it was no bother. The boots are one of my favorite pairs of knee high boots. The antiqued leather and victorian lacing with a contemporary styling - I just love 'em! The belt is one I wear often. It's a bit thick, but I think I make it work ;) The other shoe's I like to pair with this dress are my butter yellow, peep toe wedge heels, my saddle shoes or black, heeled mary janes. PS: My posts will get more exciting in time. Just need to refrest my code skillz :)

No comments: