Friday, February 19, 2010

I Heard the 90s Knocking


Dress: Overstock.com (BCBGeneration); Boots: Victoria's Secret; Tights: Bare Necessities; Sweater: Macy's (American Rag); Belt & Bracelet: H&M; Hat: Amazon.com (The Uber Shop-August Accessories); Earrings & Necklace: Gift
This hat reminds me of the movie "Benny & Joon" and the 90s in general. I have no idea what era this hat was designed from, but I know it handles rain well which is the main reason I purchased it. The last time it rained my awesome umbrella broke. It was covered in cats and dogs - get it? It's raining Cats and Dogs. So anyway, I went on an online search for another umbrella, same theme. Sadly, I still haven't found it, I'm holding out. So I bought hats :)
I have gotten so much use out of this BCBGeneration dress from Overstock. It's just comfortable and I love the color. Especially with the burgundy tights. These tights are just so cool. Love 'em.
The sweater, I have had for years and I've only worn it a handful of times. I feel fat in it, but belting it helps I think. It's still not a favorite, but workable. It's a simple knit stitch and its comfy so the Salvation Army is not getting this donation just yet.
These boots have been my babies, my go to boots if I can't do heels. They are so comfortable and I wear 'em over slim pants or with dresses or skirts. They are like, an adult version of my cherished Dr. Martens, (which will inevitably make an appearance here at some point.) Something I can wear to work and not look like Abby from NCIS. She is super awesome, by the way, but the ridiculous platform boots to work really isn't that great.
Anyway, my boots are coming up from the sole a bit and the leather is getting so worn, it is pretty close to not looking like a nice clean riding boots. I've been looking into some Steve Madden's.
I have a brown pair and they are great so I was just perusing these:


and these:but, we shall see...

No comments: