Monday, February 22, 2010

So They Said It Would Rain - They Lied...

This weekend I went out to visit my girlfriend in Brentwood. She used to live in Marina Del Rey, so I am SUPER happy. Her move cuts 15 minutes off my travel time in my drive to hang out. Awesome. Anything that cuts off traffic time in L.A. is just fantastic. I sit in soooo much of it. On my way to work, back from work, I waste a solid amount of gas just sitting. "Take the Bus/Train" you say...That takes so much frickin effort aaaannnnnndddd it would take foreeeevvver to get to work and so much walking is involved, it's kinda crazy. So I will just go on complaining about the need to take public transport and my inate desire to not be inconvenienced anymore in the morning than I already am, by having to leave an hour before I need to be at work to go 17 miles.
Wahwahwah. Yes, I know, the river I'm crying is getting all over your shoes... but as you can see I am wearing my version on rainboots, my Docs. Weeeeee!
Shirt: Kohl's; Jeans: Macy's; Boots: Dr. Marten's; Necklace & Glasses: Nordstrom Rack; Hat: Bass  
I always drop into KOHL'S when I get the $10 coupons in the mail and sometimes even when I don't. The deals are just so darn good sometimes. We received a gift certificate for Christmas and we still hadn't used it, so I took it and went to KOHL'S peruse the deals. When I asked my husband if he wanted me to pick up anything, he looked at me in horror. He knows I shop there from time to time, but still he's a bit of a snob when i come to that store. Little does he know, he has a couple of t-shirts from that very store...he would be hesitant to admit it. The whole thrift store thing is kinda beyond him, too. He sees everything I bring home and he's all about it. "Wow, that's great!" But then when I suggest he comes with me he says no. Then he goes to PacSun and buys a button up, collared shirt for $48. *Sigh* Someday, he will see the light. Sorry, I digress...
I found this shirt and I totally dig the color. The gingham, of course, is always my style, then add the cute, pleated sleeves and the ruffle detail. I threw on the hat when i was taking pics, it was cold and I love it :)
So anyway, the forecasters said it was supposed to rain all weekend. It spit. That was about it. It was nice and cold at our house though. I always like being warm in the house then bundling up and going into the cold. I started to lose the light so I had to get creative with the editing with the exposure, etc...
This was just for fun...

No comments: