Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I Thought Today Would Never End...

Today was one of those days, a day where i just wanted it to be OVER. Or really, just not be at work all day. As I sat on my couch this morning before I left for the day, I let out a huge sigh and made a MASSIVE mistake... I sat back and got comfortable. That's one of the worst things I can do in the morning. I am so not a morning person and I need all energy I can muster to set up a caffeine drip I.V. line into my arm and drag my feet out to the car. Morning outfit shots? Never gonna happen. I barely get out of the house on time, much less take an extra 10 minutes to fiddle.
Of course while sitting contemplating the day, that little nagging feeling, that pops up every time I open my eyes from sleep -"Do I have to go anywhere? Can't I just stay home and play?", came out in full force.
Then I looked down at my dogs and cats and really wanted to stay home with their precious faces even more...But alas, I have responsibilities. Darn it, to being an adult and not independently wealthy.
The outcome for today? I made it to work, all 8 hours. Yay me.
I know, not much of an accomplishment, since I do it daily, but shoot, I feel like giving my self props today. Hope your days weren't as long as mine :)


No comments: