Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Look What I've Found:

Have you ever used Bare Minerals by Bare Essentials? If you haven't you really should. I have been using the Bare Mineral powder as foundation and I am now a strict convert. No foundation hits my skin unless it's Bare Minerals. I could go on QVC and sell this stuff it's so great. I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin and it reacts to everything by breaking out. Oh yes, I get to feel like a puberty stricken teenager quite often. My favorite? When I go on vacation ANYWHERE, my skin reacts after about 4 days. It's frustrating and embarassing. I can barely look people in the eye when my face isn't looking ok. I guess my confidence in my apperance affects me more that I would like to admit. However, since I have been using Bare Minerals, not clogging my pores with a colored lotion that never did even my skin tone out very well, my skin has been pretty darn manageable. The best part? It even works with my freckles! I use the "Fair" and "Fairly Light" powder mixed together. Each of the larger containers runs about $25, but lasts forever! I buy no more than 4 per year (1 of each color twice a year.) That I can actually afford. The Bare Essentials store is great, as is the selection at Sephora. I have a punch card at the Bare Essentials store (every time you spend 20$ you get a punch) and over the past 2 years, I have received $10 off quite a few times. Gotta love a discount on stuff you're already going to buy anyway, right? At Sephora this week, this awesome set above is $39. It includes lots of goodies, pretty colors and all are great for the upcoming warm temperatures.
This set contains:
- 0.03 oz bareMinerals Glee Radiance All-Over Face Color infused with Happybelle
- 0.02 oz bareMinerals Euphoria Eyecolor infused with Happybelle
- 0.02 oz bareMinerals Happiness Eyecolor infused with Happybelle
- 0.01 oz bareMinerals Hallucinate Liner Shadow infused with Happybelle
- 0.33 oz bareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara in Black
- 0.14 oz bareMinerals 100% Natural Lipgloss in Berry Rush
- bareMinerals Feather Light Brush in Limited-Edition Hot Pink
- bareMinerals Double-Ended Complete Tapered Shadow Brush in Limited-Edition Hot Pink
- Happy Clutch
What it is:

A nine-piece set featuring products infused with mood-boosting Happybelle, a complex containing a natural plant extract believed to mimic the effect of endorphins and induce a sense of happiness.
And who couldn't use a boost of happiness :)
While we're at it...Since I'm not shopping right now, I am trying to curb the addiction by "window" shopping. Unfortunately, I found these adorable wedge Wallies. They are so ugly, they're cute. Julie over at Orchid Grey wears some Matiko wedges similar to these that she totally rocks. I am looking at this style in a new light. They are pretty darned cute, with the right ensemble of course. And you know, I am a sucker for a closed toe shoe (all shoes really, it doesn't matter if a cover exists over the toes or not - I'm just being realistic here people.) I had a pair of desert shoes in junior high (similar to a wallie) and they were so comfy. Not necessarily fashion forward though, more"surfer chic" than anything. These with the wedge add a totally new dimension. I found 'em on amazon for next to nothing. I might have to beg the hubby to buy these for me, that's not cheating - is it? I think it might be. So then call me a cheater :) LOL I'm obsessed.

Steve Madden online is having their "friends and family" discount this weekend and I browsed and found these beauties:
Isn't that always the case, I find awesomeness I cannot own? All I can do is hope these go on sale at the exact time I have the moolah to make them mine. This is the sexiest copy of the Jeffrey Campbell wedges (and the copies) that I was trying to force myself to like...but I just didn't- the black I have been seeing this style in is just too stark for me. I don't think they work all that great. (Don't get me wrong, if you own it, you can wear anything but I have only seen about a handful of ladies successful at the black version of this shoe.) Now that I have spied these babies. I won't forget about them until they are in the back of my closet after many years of use :)

*sigh* i will have stylish dreams tonight :)

1 comment:

Jenni King said...

bare minerals make up makes me WANT to put on make up. Not only does it not make me break out like I'm 14 again, but it looks SO good on. I can't imagine using anything else.