Monday, May 17, 2010

White Jeans

I bought these suckers about a decade ago. I honestly can't believe I've kept these for this long. I couldn't possibly get rid of them, I just love the fit. In college I lived in Goleta, a little college suburb in Santa Barbara. I went to the UC there and I had an Express credit card. I liked the styles, but the cut of the clothes never quite fit right. All the tops were about 2 to 3 inches too short on my torso, not a great look for me in retrospect, but I had no true thifting outlet. The thrift stores in downtown Santa Barbara are totally overpriced and over picked, at least they were back in the day. Remember, I did the college thing more years ago than I can believe really. But shoot, I digress. The one thing that did fit me well were the pants at Express. I love it when I have the option of getting pants in LONG! yay! Pant length is always an issue with my size. I feel like 5'9" isn't really that tall, but when it comes to pants, it must be.
White pants are notoriously enlarging, but I think at my present size, they are OK. My only true main concern when wearing them is STAINS! I just know if I wear them to work I'll have a healthy sized coffee stain by the end of the day, possibly even ink from a clandestinely leaking pen, I surprise myself sometimes. I come home with the strangest ink stains on my hands. I guess I really push my writing implements to the max. Der....
Wanna know what else I dig? This belt! I perforations are just so pretty through the red leather. I need to find other goods to wear it with. When I bought it, I thought it was going to be easy to style, but it's actually proving to be a bit difficult. You'll see it again, I'm determined to make it work with other goodies.
This weekend was fairly uneventful. I prepped for an upcoming mural project and we went for a drive to explore a place here and there. Other than that, we didn't do much. My hubby and I did enjoy each other's company however. :) I love weekends! Now I just have to bide my time until the next one. 4 more days - go!

2 comments:

Ashley J said...

I love this look, very slimming on you and reminds me of the summer!!

http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com/

Kyla said...

This outfit is ah-mazing! It looks so rich and I LOVE how you belted that blouse.