Monday, July 12, 2010

To Vacation or Not to Vacation...

 
 
Well shoot, I thought I was going to get back to my computer before now. Sheesh, I must be busy. I started a little mural project at my in-laws this weekend. I was super nervous to start as this time, it wasn't on an interior wall, it was on the exterior of their home! AHHHHHHHH!!!!! That seems so permanent and visible. Yes, that's the point, but what if I screw up? Yikes, it's gonna be a real process. Saturday I started mapping it out in ridiculous heat and it took forever and was soooo tedious. That was a good sign believe it or not...Whenever it takes no time at all to set up, the painting becomes the issue, when there is massive prep work, it's like my brain says "OK - I may be ready for this." Then I can pick my brush up and start... so far, it's going well - YAY! I have another 9 hours, but the first 8 are done! I'll post the final product for sure. I think it's going to look neat.

What do you think of this skirt?! Great color, right?! I couldn't resist the $10 price tag either. I simply had to buy 2. (No I didn't, but look at who your reading here - need, want, couldn't resist, have/had to all fall under the same definition = there is no question it will be mine...*insert evil laugh here*) The other color will be appearing shortly.
Another little treat (dripping with sarcasm) that I get to figure out is what the logistics of my vacation are going to be this year. My friend and I had something planned, then it changed, then we both thought something different and now, instead of tying up details, I'm trying to figure out what the heck is going on. Right now, it looks like our vacations are diverging rather than converging like they were supposed to. I'm pretty bummed. I don't do "seat of my pants" well. *sigh* I guess I'll just have to grin and bare it.
I'm trying to look forward to the time off and what happens will happen, -but if you're type A like me- that's tough stuff.
Today's mantra: I am happy I get a vacation.
What are your vacation plans? Let me live vicariously through your plans :)!!

No comments: