Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Should I Get My Hair Done or Get Groceries?...

Here’s my financial conundrum…I’ve needed to get my hair trimmed and recolored for the past couple of weeks – like 4. My hair dos have been so limited cause I’m trying to either hide my split ends or I’m trying to minimize the appearance of my roots, or on a bad day – both. Sooooo, why have I been putting it off you ask?...’Cause it’s gonna be like $150 to have said fixes done!!!! I hate having to spend so much on my hair to maintain it. Granted I need a trim which isn’t normally on the “to do” list, but that is only a small fraction of the total. We’ve had a gazillion expensive necessities come up as of late that has been preventing me from even considering spending this amount on the Do. I know many women spend this on their hair on a regular basis just as the necessary evil of looking fabulous, but I’ve always HATED spending so much at the salon. I’ve had a great cut for $25 and the same quality cut for $45 at different places so I always remember that $25 bargain.
I could do it myself, but I really can’t go back to box dye right now. It was just short of $300 to get my color corrected the first time I went in since I had about 6 different box colors going on. I needed to get to a more work appropriate set of colors.
Really, this could be a worse problem to have, its just I know this stylist can do what I want and I don’t want to waste my moolah somewhere else to potentially get something I don’t like. (But I could find another cheaper stylist by doing these stylist trials – double edged sword = lame)
  
dress: Blu Sage via Salvation Army; tights: Target; sweater: Out of Time via Kohl's; boots: Zigi Soho Tellie via DSW; earrings: Robert Rose via Macy's; bracelet: Tarina Tarantino via Gilt
On the outfit front, I found this dress at the Salvation Army on half price day. Friggin Yay!!! $2 and it reminded me of a garden style dress I saw last summer at Modcloth. I like all the flowers, it’s a total mood brightener. The tights are the perfect color to continue the fun down to my ankles. Ever heard of the brand Blu Sage? Me neither, however I've found 2 awesome dresses (the one in this post and this one) by that brand at the Salvation Army and haven't seen it anywhere else. Whomever is getting rid of them in the West Valley of Los Angeles keep it up - I'm reaping the rewards!!
Well, onto the rest of the day. I’m looking forward to hanging out with my husband and my menagerie of animals tonight and watching Criminal Minds…my nickname is “Garcia” at work.

4 comments:

Ashley J said...

I don't think your hair looks bad at all...unless you are really good at hiding it!

Unknown said...

Have you ever tried the amonia free hair dyes? I love herba Shine by Garnier...the colour doesn't last as long, but I think it would easily do the trick, and costs under $10, plus I highly doubt it would mess things up bad enough to need to be fixed at a salon.
This outfit's very cute...love the floral dress!!

Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) said...

I hate paying top dollar for hair cuts, I actually get mine cut for $6 at a place down the street from me and I've never had a problem.

Maybe try to see if you can get a Groupon to a salon? Or look for a hair academy near you? There is an Aveda school here that offers cuts & colours for a fraction of the cost.

- Tessa said...

I think your hair looks fine - another perception thingie probably. *I* would eat ramen for a couple of weeks and go for the salon, giggles.