Tuesday, March 22, 2011

St. Patty's Day Redemption

I feel like I'm getting back on track here. I meant to do so much before we left last Thursday, getting this post up was one for them, but time was not on my side Mick Jagger! We took a nice trip with some friends up to Mammoth Mountain and experienced so much snow - it was AWESOME! I have a whole new respect for those of you who actually live in the snow. What the heck?! That icy powdery stuff that comes from the sky is EVERYWHERE! We have totally taken being able to jump in your car and drive off without having to shovel snow for granted multiplied by 12!! When we were digging, I thought, how do those bloggers do this in a cute outfit?! Shoot - it's impossible and COLD! Then the roof dumped all of it's snow on the area we just cleared...LOL
I celebrated St. Patty's Day in this festive green that I thought would only be suited with yellow tights, kind of like a Sprite can. Luckily, I don't get strange looks often, not because what I'm wearing isn't weird, it just isn't that out of the ordinary in my area. This ensemble however, got a few eyebrows raised. I think it's the tights. They kind of throw me off too, but I embrace instead of discriminate - so there!
dress & tights: Target; necklace: It's A Wrap; boots: Steve Madden; sweater: Salvation Army
I knew I wanted to wear this necklace again since the last time I wore it, I decided St. Patty's Day would be it's redemption. I think it pulled everything in the outfit together and  now it has bee properly redeemed as a cute accessory. I need to try it as a belt next.
Have a great rest of your Tuesday!
All of the plants are blooming around my yard and the French Lavender is so fragrant. I just stare at it and the smell gets stronger - Love it!

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

Yes, the snow is TERRIBLE! I appreciate your sympathy, though! It does make it a bit easier... heehee!
I love this shade of green. It just pops, and the band at the hem is such a cute and unexpected detail!
Love the last photo, it gives me hope that snow may melt - even in my tundra-like corner of the world!

Emilina Sassperina said...

I LOVE the colors in this post! You are so beautiful!! :)

Shasie said...

Great look! Love the green dress and the necklace. I like that the necklace is a bow? Is the bow part removable, so you have options to wear it in your hair?

Thick Threads said...

You are always so gorgeous in everything! Your weekend in the snow sounds fun and like a lot of work, but fun work! snow is nice aslong as you can just get up and leave and go home to no snow lol not always the case but its nice to dream...love the outfit! the tights are awesome! keep rocking them :D

xoxo
Anita_riot