Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I Participate

 blazer: Salvation Army; top: H&M; skirt: Express; boots: Trotta&Pagano via Overstock.com; jewelry: I made
So today I decided to participate in the Everybody, Everywear's Blazer day. I like the little challenges they have. They kinda bring me out of my normal pattern. For example, I wouldn't have included a blazer with this outfit, but I'm glad I did. It adds a little sumthin' sumthin'. I also decided to skip over my traditional navy pinstriped blazer for this 80s (waiter) style blazer. I think I've posted this blazer once before and it reminded me of a Caterer's uniform. It still does, but not as much when mixed with different colors other than black.


My last post stated the Steelers would probably win the Superbowl... Well am I ever glad I was wrong?! It was actually a pretty darn good game and I watched the majority of it between conversing and eating. The appetizers did NOT disappoint. I think I may still be on salt overload. The 7 layer dip was my favorite as usual though.
Did you notice how clear the pics were today? We got a new SLR!! Its awesome and a bit complex to learn all the functions on it. I definitely think a camera class would be beneficial, but for now it's us and the instruction manual - which is surprisingly easy to follow. Have a fantastic day to all and here's to a fast rest of the week!

6 comments:

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

Love the look, so different!

Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home

Linda said...

Two important comments....

I was rooting for the Steelers and wrote about it a few times on my blog too. Sad, sad.

And. thanks for the kind words about EBEW. We really like it, too, and are so glad people are on board with it. One of the reasons I like it, is the same as you, it gets me to try something new for a day.

Oh, and a 3rd thing. You look like a cute sailor more than a caterer...maybe it's the stripes?

The Auspicious Life

Sara K.S. Hanks said...

Great blazer! I love the cropped length and the double-collar action. What a stellar find for the Salvation Army, too!

Brittney said...

oooh, that's a great blazer! totally unique. love the cropped, double-collared look, plus white with dark piping. seriously, i love it all.
-brittney
http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com

Megan G said...

How cute! That blazer is just adorable.

Laura said...

I am in LOVE with your blazer! It is so fun and unique. Has a bit of a Chanel vibe to it, which is always good :) Love your boots, too.